I've lost the blogjo at the moment. I'm hoping to blog a little more again and I'm starting by slowly catching up with saved posts; the start of January feels an incredibly long time ago now!
I got a few new starts going in January - some that are part of my WIPocalpyse goals, some that I decided to just try. I also got some materials to try new projects!
Firstly, I started another late Christmas present. There will be another post about these (one day!), but I started another pair of PJs:
I also decided to add to my repertoire and finally start English Paper Piecing. There is a profile on Instagram that I have followed for some time: @naomialicec. Naomi hosts a focus cutting sew along, and has done for a few years. I have always been tempted to join and decided this was the year to do it. Here's a bit of a start to it:
I bought some new fabric (of course!). The mermaid scales are waterproof fabric and will eventually become a Tilly and the Buttons Eden coat. The sewing jersey I have no plans for yet, but it will be some kind of top. Both were bought from Flamingo Fabrics:
I took advantage of a sale at my local shop, Backstitch. I bought some embroidery transfers. I have been wanting to try embroidery for a few years, and in my spate of new starts, I decided now was the time to try it!
A final new start for me. I finally felt the cross-stitch itch, and began my Disney Dreams #3. This time, it will be The Little Mermaid. It is the most colourful of the 5 I own and I am so excited to get it done:
I possibly should not have started so much at once (and I have another project to add to the list but more on that another post). It's all been halted a little, and the most exciting sewing I have done in the past week or so is repairs of Darren's clothing and Bronwyn's Monkey. It was the toy we had with her when we brought her home, and she has it every night. The seam in the arm had come apart, but was easily fixed. She was very pleased to have him back!