Very briefly for anyone new to this SAL: this was started 9 years ago by Measi at Measi's Musings. The aim is to stitch on as many projects as you can before the end of the world (I think it used to be to stop the end of the world!). Pop over to her blog here to see what everyone else has been up to.
Usually I go through a quick update of all my projects and then answer the monthly question. However, this month's question is: Half year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?
So I will go through my projects to answer the question! Firstly, I organised my list into Musts and Potentials, so lets start with the Musts:
- Theatre t-shirt lap quilt - finish. Well, the one that I needed to do in time for my friend's birthday in August! There's still another one to do, but that wasn't in the original goal, and we'd like lockdown to be eased even more so she can come and consult on layout and so on with me.
- Pinafore dress - finish. I think that was done in February!
- Lap quilt - not started. This will be my focus the next half of the year.
- Crochet jumper - finish. And it is very snuggly! I have even had a request from the big sister to make one for her.
Not bad going! Now for the Potentials:
- Disney cross-stitch - in progress. I haven't given myself the goal to finish this one this year, but I want to make a big dent in it. I can safely say I am doing that!
- Beauty and the Beast quilt - not started. Again, another focus for the second half of the year.
- Sirocco jumpsuit - toile finish. I have made this up in the lovely orange fabric I got for a wearable toile. I will progress to the flowery material soon, but happy to call this a finish.
- Flamingo - finish. Happily sat in our spare room/office. There are talks of a llama to join Flo at some point though!
- Christmas Garland - not started. This will probably be done in a panic in November, but it is going to wait til closer to Christmas as it feels like a project that will suit curling up watching Christmas movies with.
I am really pretty chuffed so far! I made the must list pretty short because I wanted it to be achievable. I also find that I get projects that form during the year - usually baby quilts - so wanted to factor those in too! Here is a little collage of projects (featuring the hubby), both finished and ongoing, that are not on my WIPocalypse list but have also happened this year: