I bought a little kit from Sew Scrumptious, which had material, lining material, elastic and templates - as well as instructions, both in the pack and on the website. In the images you will see, the fabric I bought was sciencey, with red polka dot lining! The original plan was to make Darren and I a few masks, for food shopping or if/when he goes back into school. I ended up making a few more masks for my friend, her husband and 3 children! My friend does sew (she is the one I do crafty days with), but with a 7 month old baby and 2 other children at home, she isn't getting chance. I thought I'd help her out, as I knew she wanted to have some masks ready for when we were told to wear them.
There were two pattern options, one with a pocket to put a filter in, and one without. I made both types for us all. It was a really great way to use up all the bits of fabric I have kept 'just in case'! Or some of Darren's Boston Celtics fabric that he was working out what to do with (there is plenty left for him to do something a little more fun with). It was a bit of a production line!
I ended up making my friend and her family a matching set, using material that backed her elder son's quilt.
I then made individual ones for each of them - I only made one for the baby, and that was more because I thought his siblings would worry if he didn't have one. My friend is reading Harry Potter with her daughter, so it seemed sensible to give them both Harry Potter themed masks!
I made 5 each for Darren and I - not all are pictured (the ones at the bottom show you the filter pocket)
And here is me modelling one of mine just before the weekly food shop!