But this weekend I finally got up the nerve to sew it. One of my local sewing shops, Backstitch, had kindly matched thread to my swatch, and I had everything I needed to sew it - aka no excuses.
It was another learning process. Most was straightforward to stitch - and I was very proud of how neat my pockets were! I had to add elastic to them to reinforce them, which turned out quite nicely.
I learnt two new stretch stitches to use on the sewing machine, instead of the zig zag stitch. I had read a blog by Like Sew Amazing (about half way through the process) suggesting using the triple stitch (number 18) on the waistband as there is a lot of strain there. I can really see the difference in the waistband between where I used zig zag and where I used the triple stitch. The stitching imaged is number 5.
I also tried out using a twin needle. I had a quick practice run to check which stitch length to use to prevent tunnelling (hence the two different coloured threads), and then used it when hemming the sleeves and legs.
I'm overall pretty happy with the jumpsuit. I think it's a bit baggy at the front below the waistband, and the back, so I'm tempted to do a smaller size there on my next one. But there will be a next one!