I bought it in about April when I got my place on a sewing course. Unusually for me, I actually bought the pattern and then bought some material. Though then again, I think when sewing clothes you have to have more specific plans so you know exactly how much to get compared to quilting.
Anyway, over 6 weeks I made up the toile for the trousers. I used a king size flat sheet for material - not perfect, but much cheaper than fabric and I've got some material left over! The size of one leg was comedic - and to be honest, the size of one leg is still quite amusing.
I forgot to take a picture of the final fit, but adding the waistband made a huge amount of difference. Sally then helped me adapt the pattern so that the trousers would fit better, especially as my waist is quite small in relation to my hips.
I'm not 100% sure about the trousers at the minute - they are supposed to be quite baggy, but I don't know if that look actually suits me. It has been a real learning curve making them so far though!
During the course, we got taught some skills. I annoyingly had to miss a week for work (not ideal but is unlikely to happen next year), so the only thing I learnt was how to make and attach bias binding to a neckline. I kind of regret my use of the sheet, just as it is so hard to see, but I'm really chuffed with the end result.
Oh, and yes, I have signed up for the course next September! I'm really looking forward to spending 2 hours a week sewing with a very lovely group of ladies again.