Sunday, 23 July 2017

Start of Summer

So Friday marked our last day of term - and a really lovely evening spent at the pub with a lot of colleagues (it's so amusing watching drunk people when you're sober!). It was a relaxing end to the term, and a really sunny evening.

In the run up to Friday, I spent a lot of evenings sewing - and I even managed to get some good progress shots! I decided to just focus on the section in my hoop, and then I moved my hoop to work on the second half of the page. I even got onto some sparkly tweeding, which was great but irritating too (it's not a flexible type of thread!). I also managed to start a new shade of blue that I had yet to use - quite impressive considering I have stitched more than I have left to stitch!





I was given a beautiful rose plant by one of my year 8s as an end of year gift. Such a lovely surprise, and it smells so wonderful. Just slightly concerned about how well it will survive as I seem to have a knack for killing plants no matter how well I look after them!


Last night, I took Darren to go and see Wicked for his first time (my fifth!). I'd seen it already this month, and fallen in love with Willemijn Verkaik & Suzie Mathers as the leads. It was their (among many) last show last night, so I was determined to see it. It was absolutely incredible; they and the rest of the cast were incredible, and Darren even admitted he loved it. Pretty good all around! I could waffle on about Wicked, and Willemijn & Suzie for hours, but all I will say is it's worth popping on Youtube and watching a video of the pair (West End Live from a few weeks ago would be good). Great chemistry and great voices. And Willemijn has done Wicked for 10 years, in German, Dutch and English. Mind-blowing. And that's probably enough Wicked advertising for a post!




Have a lovely week!



16 comments:

  1. Great work on your cross stich Bethan - have you tried using Thread Heaven with your sparkly thread? Have a great summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin. No I haven't used Thread Heaven; what is it? x

      Delete
  2. Ohm, your project looks better and better with everything you add. I love those trees in the foreground and in the background. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brigitte. I'm enjoying taking pictures of it as I see the progress and items better in the pictures weirdly x

      Delete
  3. It is always lovely watching a cross stitch develop..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying the progression - obsessed with looking through progress pictures too x

      Delete
  4. Great progress on your stitching and a fun night out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. It really was a fun night out x

      Delete
  5. The progress really shows! I love the colour in the sky now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. The other half really adds to the sky too - it's like a real sunset with so many different shades x

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your well earned break. Your stitchery is certainly coming on. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on the cross stitch project. Enjoy your summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress, it's looking wonderful!
    I saw Wicked years ago in New York, but I think I should see it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am slightly biased, but I think you'd enjoy seeing it again. Bet it was amazing in New York! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!