Friday, 9 June 2017

A Bit of a Catch-Up

Hello! I have been shockingly remiss at posting this past month; although I have been taking lots of pictures ready for the blog. Looking forward to catching up on all your lovely blogs too!

It's going to be a bit of a pictureful and chatty post, but I hope you enjoy!

Going back about a month ago, the lovely Lin from St Victor Quilts sent me a gorgeous parcel due to her blogaversary give away. I love getting post, and it had a bag of lavender in it, which I could smell before opening the parcel.

Look how lovely it all looked wrapped up!


Upon very careful opening, I found lots of lovely things! A beautiful sewing pouch containing some different threads and a very neat needle pod (with needles); some beautiful material (I didn't get a good picture of this) that coordinates so well with the thread; and a beautiful wall hanging, that is yet to go up but I think I have the perfect spot for it. I just need to work out a lovely thing to make with the material - I'm sure it will come to me!


Thank you so much again Lin - I feel very lucky!

Last weekend, one of my closest friends from university, Becky, and her husband Martin came to stay. They'd never been to Cambridge before, and it put on a good show and was gorgeous and sunny for their visit. We walked into the city centre, and I showed them a fair few of the colleges; unfortunately most weren't open to the public that day, but we sat in the grounds of one and enjoyed watching people punting (with varying degrees of success!). It was a really lovely day, and it was nice to show off Cambridge - although I think I need to work on my tour guiding!





I haven't been sewing as much as I would like, but I have managed to finish one page of the cross stitch pattern! I even got to use some shimmery thread in a tweed effect, and it looks lovely (can't quite catch it on camera).


That corner of the cross-stitch suddenly feels much more solid, and weighty if that makes sense? So pleased with how it's looking!


I chose to carry on with the top right corner - basically because the pattern for that is on the back of the pattern of the corner I have just finished! Keep working on the sunset in the evenings, and getting distracted by the non-sewing sunsets going on around me! Here's a bit of a before and after:



Planning to do some sewing this weekend, but not sure if it will be cross-stitch or something else...

In another bit of exciting (for me) news, I got myself a lovely little car! And we have managed to get some Yankee Candle into Claudia the Cleo! Already loving the freedom (we managed to go to Aldi for food shopping - how exciting!!!); I definitely think Claudia will help with the sewing habit too! I made sure there was plenty of boot space for material...


I think I'll leave it here for now! Thank you if you made it to the end!



8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the car! Great goodies and lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you make a blog post with lovely progress on this big design.
    How long have you lived in Cambridge? I had to give a guided tour of Norwich to two Russian insurance brokers once. "There's a church, and another church. That used to be a church" and so on. Also a potted history of why we have a Norman Castle in the middle of East Anglia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo
      We've lived in Cambridge for 5 years now - I probably should fill in some of the gaps in my knowledge! Glad your tour of Norwich sounded similar to my tour! x

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post, Bethan, and such lovely pictures of Cambridge. I once spent a day or two there when we were travelling back home from holidays in Wales.
    You made some nice progress on your WIP. I always love to see before and after pictures.
    Congratulations on your new little car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brigitte - it does lend itself well to some photos! I enjoy before and after photos too, which is why I'm trying to take more of them x

      Delete
  4. Glad your parcel arrived safely Bethan and that you like the contents. Great to see pictures of Cambridge, one of my favourite places. Enjoy your new car. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!