Saturday, 8 April 2017

FnwF April - and a finish!

I have spent about 3 and a bit days this week working on a crochet cushion for my big sister (she only asked for it about 3 years ago!). The pattern I used was from CrochetSpot - they have really clear patterns, but you just have to remember the stitches are American, so can be named slightly differently to what you are used to.


I also made copious use of stitch markers this time - I can see why patterns recommend them (!)
 
   

Poor Darren this week kept thinking I wasn't listening to him; it's just very hard to count and respond to questions!

 

Friday was spent finishing off the flower and sewing it to the main cushion. It went slightly off centre but I'm pretty chuffed with it. It's also weirdly surprisingly weighty (thinking about it, it shouldn't be surprising that it is quite heavy but nevermind!)


And that is one of my April projects finished! Pretty pleased with it - and not sure why it has taken me so long to get around to it as it was very quick to put together in the end!

I hope you all had a lovely Friday evening sewing.

16 comments:

  1. Yay!! Well done getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may sure your sister will be very happy with her lovely cushion. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think she's pleased it's finally finished!

      Delete
  3. A finish is so satisfying! I bet your sister will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. And has spurred me on for more finishes! She's glad it's done x

      Delete
  4. Congrats, I am sure your sister will be pleasantly surprised with your lovely make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - she seems to be surprised but I think that's because she had forgotten about it a bit! x

      Delete
  5. Wow, that pillow looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely cushion - I bet your sister will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!