Tuesday, 25 April 2017

A Friday Not-so Sewing

See what I did there?? Tee hee

I managed to get a bit of cross-stitch done this weekend, but not much at all (it wasn't noticeable on a picture).

It's been the first week back in school, so a bit of a shock and felt quite sleepy each evening!

I have managed a couple of non-sewing, yet perhaps interesting things. I went to see Aladdin last Tuesday night (tut tut, a school night!) with a lovely friend of mine. It was really good! Cleverly done, sticking to the Disney movie with some new bits and pieces. I recommend! And the theatre was stunning! I ended up with a t-shirt and a programme (a tradition when I go to a show) and they gave a free mug with the purchase. Perfect size for me!
 

I also did a day of revision for my students on Saturday (less exciting) as their exam is next week. Made an information page for them about Photosynthesis - it almost counts as crafty as it is beautiful in my opinion and took a lot of work and planning!


Also, the lovely husband went halves with me and I got the beautiful handbag version of my purse (or the summer version). So it's half treat to myself and half wedding anniversary gift. Really love it - and going to make sure I read any books on it that I haven't already (which aren't many).


Hope you all had a more productive FNSI!

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a great bag Bethan and I love the lamp on your t shirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I felt rather drawn to the sequin style lamp when I saw it! x

      Delete
  2. What a cool crafty looking handbag (I happen to be mad about handbags...)!!! So unique! Which is perfect :)
    Love the sparkles on the Aladdin lamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never been a huge one for handbags but I loved this as soon as I saw it. It's made by a company called Yoshi...they have lots of lovely designs. I may be a handbag convert soon! The sparkles are fun too x

      Delete
  3. I do love a punny blog title!
    Lovely sparkly lamp and a great bag too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with myself thinking of the blog title! Thank you x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!