Sunday, 5 March 2017

A Friday night not to plan

So after signing up for FnwF, and spending Thursday and Friday in work excited to have some sewing time, my Friday night did not go to plan!

After a busy week in work, and a gym session on Friday with my friend, the evening seemed to fly away and I was in bed by 9 and asleep not long after.

A fun-filled weekend of exam and coursework marking has been before me, so I actually haven't even managed to pick up my cross-stitch (and it's now past 6pm on Sunday).

But Husband and I did pop out yesterday morning, and we did mange to buy some material, so that counts for FnwF right?? We picked up a couple more fat quarters for the 365 quilt (the elephant material is a firm favourite of ours and just had to be there); Husband bought himself a sewing kit, and we picked out some lovely pale blue material for another project I will start soon (yes, I have a problem/addiction).


I hope everyone else had a more successful FnwF - I look forward to reading your blog posts!

16 comments:

  1. Stash building is always acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad - just had a bit of a clear out so have another place for extra stash too! x

      Delete
  2. I hate it when life interferes with my sewing plans. But it does happen on a regular basis! Buying fabric counts though. And hubby is helping?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was almost determined to buy fabric this weekend so it wasn't totally derailed. Hubby wants to help - he's very good at picking coordinating fabrics, and has once sewn a pair of pyjama bottoms. He wants to do some of the 365 quilt too it seems x

      Delete
  3. My word - a sewing husband - that could be encouraging - do you share your stash???
    Sometime a good rest is more beneficial than sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't quite share - he just encourages material buying! Although the pinks and purples could be considered a shared stash x

      Delete
  4. What a shame your Friday night disappeared! Stash is always good though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my stash - will one day get through it faster than it grows! Determined not to let this Friday run away from me though x

      Delete
  5. I'll count your fabric buying as FNwF if you count my Clarity Ruler foot buying as it too. I have the same elephant fabric is blue. I just love it. Happy Stitching this week; maybe we will both get something done on our projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can agree on both of these counting. We have used it in so many colours - although not blue (yet!). Fingers crossed we can; I managed to do 15 minutes last night in the end! - happy stitching to you too! x

      Delete
  6. Anything to do with "fabric" counts...lol
    It was lovely having your company at FNwF... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on the new Blogger of the Week blog. You are a "no-reply" commenter so I popped over here to say Hi! If you reply to this comment via email that would be great :-)
    I love your Hallowe'en quilt you posted last year (been having a browse through older posts!) and also the photos of the Cambridge lights. I'm not a million miles from Cambridge and have visited a few times. Mostly the Corn Exchange for gigs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I have hopefully replied via email, but I thought I'd reply here briefly too in case it didn't work! x

      Delete
  8. I think stash enhancement is also a kind of being busy with our hobby, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely can be - I spent an hour yesterday looking at beautiful material that I have no use for....yet!

      Delete
  9. It's lovely that your husband is so involved in your needlework! The fabric you chose is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!