Thursday, 16 March 2017

A Bit of Stitching and a School Trip

I've set myself a target to try and do something crafty at least once a week on a workday. I managed to put an hour into the Beauty and the Beast cross-stitch last night. I was quite tired and the colour I'm working on likes to hide a little in the pattern, so I did give up in the end for a more awake night.

Really pleased with how the castle is going (progress pics from sewing on Sunday and last night!)  



Yesterday, I along with another two teachers took some students to the Big Bang Fair at the NEC in Birmingham. It's absolutely jam-packed with a lot of science and engineering displays, activities and talks. It's also free to go along to, and is for families as well as schools - and is a yearly event, coinciding with Science Week.

Whilst there, I spotted some familiar robots from the TV that were quite exciting (and Sir Kill-a-lot was absolutely massive!)



And I have also finally finished the biography of Queen Victoria I have been reading since Christmas Day. It was really enjoyable, although did jump around a little bit. I also learnt a lot of new facts - although next time I read it I may need to have a notepad for all the names, nicknames and titles of all her family and prime ministers! (A little dog-eared because I can't help carrying around books and reading them whenever possible - which is usually when I go to the launderette)


11 comments:

  1. Great progress on Beauty & the Beast project. It is a beautiful design & quite in trend now with the movie coming out. Off to the NEC this weekend... for a stitching matter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love it - the intricacy of the design is what is both brilliant and time consuming of it. Hope you enjoyed your stitching matter x

      Delete
  2. It's not easy to find time for stitching when you are teacher,is it? There is always something to do and to prepare. But you made nice progress on the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh very much so - and some evenings I stitch and feel like I should be working. Thank you - the roof has really made a difference! x

      Delete
  3. Beauty and the Beast looks really complex! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - lots of half and quarter squares, mixed threads and I have a lot of french knots to do eventually. Love it though! x

      Delete
  4. Wow, that castle is amazing! Very complex.
    The Science Fair looks fun too. Great day out for you and the class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was a good day, and the class seemed to love it! x

      Delete
  5. Good progress on the castle. The Science fair sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really is - although I'd love an adults only day there so I can get to some of the displays and activities a little easier! x

      Delete
  6. Beauty and the Beast is soooo intricate! Thanks for the book recommendation. I will look for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!