Saturday, 18 February 2017

February FSNI

Well, as usual for my FNSI, it ended up a little longer than just a Friday night! I actually officially started Thursday night; we were on the Caledonian Sleeper train on the way back home from a visit to my mum in Scotland. Of course, the cross stitch was pulled out then! I managed to finish another grey colour (although I did not get a good picture of this).


As it is half term, when we got home I continued with lots of cross stitch. Technically, as it was Friday I feel it can definitely be classed as FNSI by this point! I decided to pick a foreground colour, rather than a background colour. Slow progress has been made (partially due to disractions caused by Stargate) but I am beginning to pick out some nice details, and fill in some big gaps!                                                                        

Not quite sewing related, but the lemon candle was burning during FNSI. It appears we have an addiction to candles and tarts - and it is the husband that is more addicted than me! Got some lovely smells that we can enjoy for a fair while!


15 comments:

  1. Every little stitch helps. It is nice to be able to make an early start on FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice to get an early start. Every little stitch is feeling like a big difference this evening too! x

      Delete
  2. It is so fun to see a crossstitch come together and the design start to show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Glad I did some character detailing as it has spurred me on further x

      Delete
  3. That is quite a stitching project you have going there!! I will have to come back to see how it progresses:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) About 2 years work so far, although I don't always work on it. Thanks for popping by - feel free to come by again soon :) x

      Delete
  4. I love Yankee Candles too! Nothing like setting the mood to stitch. Your cross stitch project looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend Sicilian Lemon. Unsurprisingly, it's very lemony! Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. Wow - your cross stitch is an epic one - will be beautiful when done! I enjoy Yankee Candles as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Optimistically/accidentally, I have 3 more of the series to do after this!! x

      Delete
  6. Your cross stitch is looking amazing it will be beautiful when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big cross stitch you are working on.. Will be great when finished..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I underestimated how big it was when I took it on - every single square is full in the pattern! x

      Delete
  8. This is such an amazing piece of stitching. Great progress on it. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!