Saturday, 25 February 2017

A Pink and Purple Project

This week I received an exciting parcel in the post; a selection of pink and purple fat quarter material. I spent about a day picking them out, and ensuring I hard dark, medium and light shades. A few of my choices have been replaced, but I think they still work quite well in the set.

The purpose of these materials is to make a 365 block quilt. It is a quilt with daily block patterns, designed and released by Kathryn Kerr. I came across it courtesy of the big sister (she's a bad influence!). I have yet to start making blocks yet, but at least I have some material to get started with. I am likely to get more as we go, which should also be quite exciting!

The link to the challenge is here:


I will post more when I (and/or husband) start making our first blocks, but for now, here is a picture of my material:



8 comments:

  1. nice fabrics......looking forward to seeing what you make.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection of fabrics.
    Can't wait to see your creation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm pleased with the result of a lot of picking (so far!) x

      Delete
  3. That's a very interesting project... Good luck with it...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

      Delete
  4. Love the bright colors of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - me too! I'm almost surprised by how much I like them x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!