Last night, I sewed the final 4 rats. I then sent an image to family members to see what they thought they were - I got mice, squirrels and hamsters as a response! To be fair, these are all rodent-like, so I feel like I'm onto a winner! I don't think they'll look perfect, but once I add eyes and whiskers, they should be pretty much there. Doing well (I hope) considering there aren't many teeny rat cross-stitch patterns out there to work from!
With the rats successfully in, I had a tree to finish! I am basing it on something I found on Pinterest, but not copying it exactly because I feel that is wrong. I was going to be really risky and just sew and see what happens...that thought lasted all of 5 seconds before the graph paper and a sharp pencil were out and I was sketching out the rough design.
It's going to be slightly lop-sided, with a very long branch on one side, but trees aren't perfectly symmetrical, so I feel this is acceptable!
I feel another weekend and this will be ready to frame! And I will get it to the newlyweds less than 2 months after their wedding! Not bad for me and a crafting project! I shall keep you posted