Wednesday, 19 October 2016

A Tree-ific Completion (let me get away with it!)

So it is finished! Almost two months after the wedding, but it is finished! I even bubble wrapped it, paper wrapped it, wrote a card and posted it (which is a miracle for me as I am ridiculously bad at remembering to post things on the limited days I can reach a post office!)

The cross stitch went through many design changes, and I'm not entirely sure I'd like to design such a big one by myself ever again. But, I think it has turned out better than some things I imagine and then make so I'm pleased.

I even ironed this one! Although the middle crease would not go and I didn't want to wreck it!                          
               

No more cross-stitch gifts for a while - too much pressure for such a slow thing!

6 comments:

  1. Well done, you did it!!
    You should be proud, it looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely finish.. I like cross stitch but haven't done any because it does take ages to complete...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean - this was fairly fast because it was relatively small, but I usually do crochet or quilting as gifts!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bethan,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and the follow. Lovely wedding present for your friend.
    I agree with you that cross stitch is quite time consuming compared to other needlecrafts. However, the results are equally rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog too! I agree that the results are rewarding; and I'm currently finding it's nice to dabble in the cross-stitch as a break from the fast pace of quilting!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!