Sunday, 18 September 2016

FNSI September - a developing work in progress

I was so excited for FNSI this month! Literally left work as soon as I finished teaching at 4:30 (give or take a little pep talk to our new teacher) and did all the house tasks I needed to do so I could settle down with my cross stitch.

As this is a design of my own, it does feel like it is developing more slowly than it would if I was following a proper pattern. On the actual night of FNSI, I only managed to do a little bit of work on the cross-stitch. Partly because I was going through a little trial and error (especially for the cream rat), and partly because I had a phone call interruption!


I think I will end up outlining them a little, but overall I'm pretty chuffed with them.On the whole they look rodent like! The brown and cream one took ages as the head wasn't sitting right with me once I'd sewn it, even though it looked fine on my pattern. Trying not to over-analyse it, otherwise I will probably end up unpicking him, again.

As is typical for me, I ended up sewing again on Saturday. It was grey and raining a little, and just perfect weather to curl up with The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions (oh yes) and just keep sewing. I made it through 4 movies, and made a bit more progress on the cross-stitch:


The beginnings of the entwined tree! Again, I keep developing it and deviating from the pattern a little, which is what is slowing me down!

I have been influenced by patterns I have come across on Pinterest, but I have made sure not to copy them, so overall it is pretty much my own. Fingers crossed one more weekend will get it finished!!

9 comments:

  1. I do so admire people who can produce a cross stitch with no pattern - I had a friend who did one of a dogs face with out drawing it up first...I was amazed at her talent - as I am at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how clever to be able to do a cross stitch without a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive start!
    And perfect background movies for your stitching sessions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are indeed perfect! Really helpful when I'm on a mission to get something done too

      Delete
  4. well done keep up the good designing.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly admire people who create their own cross stitch patterns - but I know its finished now - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not sure I'll be creating another pattern any time soon though.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!