Saturday, 24 September 2016

Crafternoon in aid of MIND

So over the summer, my friend Sophi invited me to an event she had organised in aid of the charity Mind (the mental health charity).

I eagerly signed up as I'm always happy to spend an afternoon sewing! So the actual Crafternoon event eventually rolled around last Sunday, and I headed there armed with my bag of cross-stitch and crochet. I didn't quite know what to expect - whether I just craft, or whether I have to teach to craft and so on.

I ended up teaching/guiding a fellow Crafternoon-er with a crochet pattern she was following. Even though I'm a teacher, I find it hard to teach crafts, so I was pleased we managed to muddle through it! She then got me knitting; this is one of the crafts I cannot do. I can't seem to make it sink into my head, or work with two needles! By the end of the 3 hours, I had done about 2 rows of knitting and 2 rows of pearling. I'm going to try again soon, to see if I can do it with no help on hand!



Some of the other crafty things we had going were:
- Paper folding (like weaving)
- Card making
- Origami
- Felt ornaments
- Whittling (a spoon got made)
- Looming

It was amazing to see so many different crafts, and so many people that really enjoy them! And I felt so good for spending an afternoon crafting - it really is good for the mind!

And to top it all off, we raised £160 for MIND - not bad work for spending an afternoon crafting!

                                                
                      


2 comments:

  1. what a great way to raise money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. We're looking at doing it again very soon too

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!