Monday, 29 August 2016

A Hearty Finish

I'm pretty proud of this one! I finished it in time and even managed to frame it myself (although I'm pretty sure my technique needs improving!).

So as mentioned in previous posts, I have been working on a cross-stitch of the anatomy of a heart for my friend who has just completed her nursing degree (it's her second degree and she has worked her socks off for it!).

Luckily she finished a couple of weeks ago, meaning I could dedicate some of my summer holiday to working on it.

I love the labeling (almost didn't do it but so glad I did), and I wrote her name in glittery red thread - one day I will learn to stop doing any form of cross-stitch in glittery stuff! I've gotten better at it, but it is not as smooth as normal thread.

My framing technique needs improving - cardboard, industrial tape and some staples were involved (eek) but it worked quite nicely. Just kicking myself that I forgot to iron it first!

It went down really well, and Becca is really chuffed with it! I think I definitely managed an original gift.



4 comments:

  1. what a cool unique present you created........the labeling looks great glad you did do that.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm really glad I decided to do the labelling. Can't believe I wasn't going to!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Bethan!!
    What a finish, never seen anything like it :)
    Must have been fun to stitch and I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The pattern was just a lucky find on Etsy. She appears to really love it, so I'm really pleased!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!