Monday, 6 April 2015

Wedding Crafting - Favours

I'm getting married next year, and we decided that a fun thing would be to craft some of our wedding bits and pieces - make the wedding a bit handmade, which suits me because as you may have noticed, I like crafting!

One of the things we have decided to do is make our table names, which will double up as bookmarks - so will be our wedding favours. Initially, I was going to do a personalised image per person (e.g. my other half likes baseball, so I'd've sewn a ball and bat). This seemed very time consuming, especially as you would have to wait for people to reply! Also, I thought I would have a lot less space available to sew than it turns out I do!
The first attempt

The Design
With the help of my friend (although I think she needs upgrading to creative director), I have designed my favours and managed to make a couple. I'm not going to sew the names in until I get RSVPs - these will take two minutes to do!

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how they have turned out. It is unusual that I have managed to design something and it comes out well - I usually rely on other peoples patterns!

One down, 69 to go. 11 months and counting!



Close up

The finished product


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!