Sunday, 10 August 2014

A Birthday and some purchases

I have been spending the week with my big sister, which inevitably ends up with me coming back with more than I started with! Luckily this time I have two good excuses: my birthday and the Festival of Quilts!

There was definitely a bit of a theme going with some of my birthday gifts, and we ended the day with a lovely tea party.


My purchases from the Festival of Quilts definitley have a bit of a theme - quilting techniques! I have equipped myself to try out hand quilting, and hopefully the free motion quilting foot I have purchased will play nicely with my sewing machine! The grey material is for the back of a cushion I'm going to make. The larger pack of material is actually a gift from the big sister, but it fits nicely here! The green decoration was a runners up prize from a lucky dip at the festival. All in all, a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a message. I will always aim to reply to comments, but can be a little slow. Visit again soon!