So here they are:
Wednesday, 20 August 2014
So here they are:
Sunday, 10 August 2014
I have been spending the week with my big sister, which inevitably ends up with me coming back with more than I started with! Luckily this time I have two good excuses: my birthday and the Festival of Quilts!
There was definitely a bit of a theme going with some of my birthday gifts, and we ended the day with a lovely tea party.
Monday, 23 June 2014
In the end, I not only spent all Friday night sewing, but I literally spent all Saturday sewing (including going to the launderette! ) I managed to finish a purpley colour, and started on a lovely pale pink - really loving how the sky is coming along!
Friday, 20 June 2014
Really looking forward to this evening - got me through today a little! Here's to a lovely FNSI everyone!
Wednesday, 28 May 2014
This half term I have decided to make use of everyday, rather than waste them. Today, I have managed to finish a crochet cushion for my Gran. It was meant to be for her 90th birthday in April, but it has been a little awkward! I had to unpick it after realising I was missing some crucial steps and it wasn't growing as it should.
I'm not 100% happy with parts, but overall I think she'll like it - which is the main thing!
Monday, 26 May 2014
I decided to make use of a weekend without marking and get some crafting done. I have a few unfinished projects about the house (taking after my big sister) and wanted to get them done.
The first is a crochet cushion for my grandmother. It has been a bit of a disaster, and I had to unpick it a couple of times. A long day of crochet on Saturday and I have now managed to complete the cushion body. Just have the crochet flower to complete now!
The second is a Double Layer Cake baby quilt for my friend's daughter. It's only about a month late! Over about 12 hours yesterday I sewed my 16 blocks together and pressed. I sewed the backing and batting on. I sewed the binding together (after a lot of struggling ensuring it was the right way round when folded) and then attached it. 3 hours of hand binding later, and I have a complete quilt.
Extremley chuffed and will be giving it to her tomorrow!
I also managed to attach a quilting foot to my sewing machine - much more of a feat when you find that the machine is a Viking sewing machine that isn't made anymore, and I had no instructions. Luckily with some texts from the big sister (and pictures sent to her), and YouTube, I managed to successfully attach it.
Not at all bad for a weekend
Thursday, 17 April 2014
Here they are: